Summer Home Review
- Reading Log
- Reading List categorized by Reading Level
- Students must choose one book they have read over summer to bring in the first week of school to do a book share. Details for assignment will be given by your upcoming teacher.
- http://www.eduplace.com/math/mw/- Click on the grade that your child needs to review. Then click on the Leveled Practice link. Choose the unit you would like to practice. Click on the lesson and type of worksheet (practice, reteach, enrichment, problem solving) you would like to print. Students that bring in a packet of at least 20 pages will receive a prize from their new teacher.
- https://www.prodigygame.com/play/- A website that provides math instruction and practice through game. Whether your children need a little extra practice on key skills like multiplication, or need to be challenged with advanced content, Prodigy will keep your children learning at a pace that's right for them through games.
- http://www.adaptedmind.com/index.php - AdaptedMind creates a custom learning experience for your child. A learning experience that identifies your child's strengths and weaknesses, and delivers a curriculum and exercises that adapts to these needs. That's adaptive learning. You can sign up 5 children for $9.95/month and the first month is free.
- 3. Targeted Practice Based on MAP Testing Results
The following link: http://support.nwea.org/node/19753 contains a document that correlates MAP® sub-goals and RIT ranges to Khan Academy® exercises. The Khan exercises are interactive problems for students with instant feedback. Feel free to download the document for the appropriate grade range.
NWEA plans to work with Khan Academy to update these links twice a year as new exercises are developed. Use the RIT ranges found on your MAP scoring sheet to determine which exercises your child should work on.
- 4. If you prefer to use a workbook to review of the summer, our faculty recommends buying the Summer Bridge workbooks by grade level.
SuccessMaker is a dynamic software program that individualizes instruction based on each student’s learning level. While working in SuccessMaker, students are supported with additional instruction, helpful tools, and targeted practice. Now you can provide your child individualized learning experiences at home with SuccessMaker @ Home.Access SuccessMaker @ Home at this web address:
Elementary School Summer Study:
Middle School Summer Study:
Boys' Torah Summer Study:
Girls' Torah Summer Study:
Ivrit Summer Study: